Monday, May 13, 2019

The beauty of found music.

I had jury duty today but wasn't selected, I went out to get on my bike to ride home and  I heard this sweet sound, at first I thought it was an outdoor speaker with some kind of ambient tune playing, no speaker that I could see.  So now my curiosity is piqued.   next to the bike was a concrete pylon and a one-way street sign. A strong wind was blowing from the north and because of the way the sign was constructed and placed it made a soft gentle modulated whistle as the wind blew past the fasteners, pole, and sign.  It was sublime. I think John Cage would have swooned. but I didn't have a recorder, so I stayed a bit and enjoyed the music. 

Below is a print i just completed. A new series in the making.


"Flight From Egypt"
4 color planographic monoprint with hand coloring.
2019

No comments:

Post a Comment