Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Samurai, a return to the beginning

Nov 22, 2016

Samurai 2016 #1 
acrylic on panel

It’s one in the morning or there’s abouts, I’m forcing myself to sit in the studio, looking at what I have done and considering what there is yet to do. Making isn’t as easy as it use to be - I constantly question the validity of making work when all around me are concerns about sustainability, racism, extremism, wars, ecological meltdown, and it’s always someone else's fault, isn’t it?

I vow to take responsibility for my actions, my life, my way of living. That's where change has to start.

Listening to Roger Eno,  there's a beauty and serenity in the music.

I sometimes feel like a butterfly flitting around from thing to thing, seeking sustenance. There is this painting I've just finished (i think ) it's an abstraction of a Samurai I think it needs more work but I am afraid I will damage it, I will dance around it until I am willing to take my brush to it and continue to build. The flow of the brush the letting of the paint flow feels good, also working on small pen drawings filling up the page, I think there needs to be a distillation of marks, it’s not like I don’t have enough paper.

It’s like I’m starting all over again, and again, and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment