Sunday, February 18, 2024

February 18, 2024

  The Objects of Clutter OR Catch and Release

The blog may be the perfect repository of things recycled, given away or perhaps placed in a box marked "Things to be dealt with after I die"

For the next while I am going to scan or photograph the objects that have been left in drawers, on shelves, piles on desks or in boxes

Each object has a memory attached to it. 

Mono Due 

Ed Paschke Pin 2000  I am not quite sure when I received this pin, but it has knocked around in my studio for years. I have stuck it into wallboard and homosot. I may have even worn it at some unremembered time. It was the first object I grabbed when thinking about restarting the blog. I knew Ed and was starting to develop a working relationship with him before he passed on November 2004.


A Test Blocks

Three block letter A - test laser cut blocks for the artist Kay Rosen. We were working with the idea to print embossed letters onto white paper, but actually the blocks would have been debossed. The project ended up being a screen print. And possibly one of the last collaborative projects for me. I realized at the end of the project that I wanted to focus on my own work.   


Unprocessed film and box mismatch


I wonder why I never got this roll of film processed? It might even be a blank roll and to put it into an empty container for storage, or processing later.  Are there images taken then forgotten, or that critical voice, which from time to time loudly shouts?


Tools and metal bits to be sorted and put away later

In an attempt to be a good steward, I save bits of wire, washers, screws and whatnot. Thinking that someday I'll use those bits for someqworht while project or repair. And sometimes thast happens  but mostley the bits collect dust and are buried beneath newer additons.

The wrench, and allen wrenches will find their way back to the prober storage place but not today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment